Apple acquires rapid-fire iOS camera app developer SnappyLabs
Washington: Apple has acquired photo technology startup SnappyLabs.
SnappyLabs is a one-man development team known for creating the SnappyCam app.
According to Tech Crunch, the start up was founded and run solely by John Papandriopoulos, an electrical engineering PhD from the University Of Melbourne.
Papandriopoulos invented a way to make the iPhone's camera take full-resolution photos at 20 to 30 frames per second - significantly faster than Apple's native iPhone camera, the report said.
Apple has so far not confirmed the acquisition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300