Apple CEO Tim Cook is in India for his maiden visit in view to cash in on the "huge potential" in the world's second largest smartphone market.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Apple CEO Tim Cook is in India for his maiden visit in view to cash in on the "huge potential" in the world's second largest smartphone market.
1. The most talked about engagement that Cook is going to have is meeting with Prime Minister Narendra Modi to discuss manufacturing plans in the country. He will also meet officials of key ministries, according to sources.
2. The Apple CEO is expected to inaugurate here on Thursday the Apple's development centre in which the company has already invested USD 100 million.
3. Cook is expected to discuss matters pertaining to manufacturing in India and the potential of the Indian technology market with the officials.
4. The US-based tech giant has also sent in a proposal to the Indian government for selling refurbished phones in India. However, no official call has been made on the matter. Perhaps discussion on this might take palce at official level during Cook's visit.
5. The Apple CEO may also make a visit to the iconic Taj Mahal. Mostly all high profile visits to India is incomplete without a traditional trip to the Taj Mahal. From the US President to Mark Zuckerberg to Royal Couple Prince Williams and Kate Middleton, all have visited world's wonder during their India visit.