Apple Inc is 'most valuable brand' in the world
Washington: Technology giant Apple has been reportedly chosen as the world's 'most valuable brand' for 2013 by Interbrand's Best Global Brands report.
Last year the top position went to soft-drink manufacturer Coca-Cola, which slipped down to the third position this year.
According to the New York Times, it was the first time in 13 years that Coca-Cola lost out to Apple as the Best Global Brands.
Apple was followed by search giant Google on number two position while IBM featured on fourth position, which till last year secured the third position.
The report said that social media giant Facebook made to 52nd position from 69 last year and it is also the site's first year on the list, while the sinking smartphone company BlackBerry was wiped out of the list.
The top ten companies who made it to the 'most valued brands' list include:
6. General Electric
7. Mc Donald's
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300