Apple successfully stops sale of Samsung Galaxy Nexus in US
California: A California judge has banned the US sales of Samsung’s Galaxy Nexus smartphone as the court granted Apple Inc's request for a pre-trial injunction against Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
The judge also banned the sales of Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 earlier this week in the US market until the case comes to a close.
Apple’s win doesn’t come easily as the iPhone maker would have to post bonds of nearly USD 100 million to secure payment of damages sustained by Samsung should it win the case.
The Galaxy S3 maker said it was disappointed by the decision and will take all available measures that the Galaxy Nexus will remain available to consumers.
Apple and Samsung are battling it out in courts in various countries amid claims and counter claims of patent infringement.
Apple and Samsung are two of the biggest manufacturers of tablet PCs and smartphones in the world.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300