Apple to take stake in Twitter?
New Delhi/San Francisco: Apple Inc at one point thought of investing millions of dollars in microblogging site Twitter, as per an international news paper.
The New York Times has reported that Apple held discussions in recent months about possibly investing USD 10 billion in Twitter to gain a social networking presence.
NYT however did not cite its sources on why Apple would be interested in buying a slice of the fledgling Internet company.
Twitter, the Internet phenomenon with some 140 million users that allows people to "tweet" 140-character messages, is already integrated into Apple smartphones and tablets.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300