Bharti Airtel to invest $125 mn in Gabon
New Delhi/Libreville: Telecom major Bharti Airtel on Wednesday said it will invest additional USD 125 million in African country Gabon on commercial and social programmes.
"We are in Gabon for the long haul and will support both Commercial and Social programmes. These include the deployment of 3G and 4G network, when made available, to help businesses and the youth access world class data services," Airtel's Managing Director and CEO International, Manoj Kohli said in a statement.
The investment of USD 125 million was announced by company on the sidelines of ?The New York Forum Africa?, held in Libreville, Gabon, the statement added.
"In addition, continued support in youth driven activity like soccer and the support of a young Gabonese ICT entrepreneurship programme to provide ICT training to 10,000 youth over the next 3 years. We plan to develop training programs on ICT business in collaboration with local training schools," Kohli said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300