BioInitiative report 2012 based on flawed procedure: COAI
New Delhi: Terming the recently released BioInitiative Report 2012 as based on flawed procedure, GSM industry body COAI Tuesday said the report is an informal interpretation on selection of limited information on electromagnetic fields.
The report is about health risks from exposure to electromagnetic raditions emitted from mobile towers and mobile phones.
"The 2012 BioInitiative Report, like its predecessor, is an informal interpretation of a limited selection of the available scientific information on electromagnetic fields (EMF)," Cellular Operator Association of India (COAI) said in a statement.
It added the recently released report is just an update on their 2007 report which had been heavily criticised as being biased, without balance and for not being an objective comprehensive review, or a weight-of-evidence assessment.
The report is largely critical of the internationally accepted and most widely adopted EMF exposure standards developed by the International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection, which have been endorsed by the World Health Organization, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300