BlackBerry racks up 20 million new BBM users in debut week
Washington: BlackBerry racked up to 20 million new BBM users during its debut week on iOS and Android phones.
Taken together with those who use the service on BlackBerry smartphones, the company said BBM now has 80 million monthly active users.
According to the Wall Street Journal, BlackBerry had recently introduced its messenger service, BBM, for third-party platforms.
Soon after its launch, BBM was an instant hit with over 10 million people who have downloaded the service.
The sinking smartphone maker revealed that in just 24 hours BBM has been downloaded over 10 million times by Android and iPhone users, one of the best single-day openings for a mobile app to date.
BlackBerry has been struggling to keep pace in the smartphone market and has moved to expand its service offering to iPhone and Android-powered mobile phones.
Executive Vice President of the company Andrew Bocking said that the mobile messaging market is full of opportunity for BBM and the company intends to be the leader in providing instant messaging combined with the privacy, control and reliability through BBM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300