BlackBerry rolls out 'Twitter-like' BBM Channels messaging service
Washington: BlackBerry has rolled out its own social network, called BBM Channels, similar to a Twitter-like service that'll allow companies and celebrities to directly engage with fans.
The company said its social network will be built into its BBM messaging service, which will be available first to BlackBerry users, and sooner will be preinstalled on some Android devices across Africa, India, Indonesia, Latin America and the Middle East, the Wall Street Journal reports.
BlackBerry is reportedly partnering with a number of emerging-market smartphone manufacturers to have BBM preinstalled on their devices, the report added.
With over 80 million people using BBM everyday, BlackBerry has designed Channels to generate revenue from the messaging service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300