'BSNL has 65% market share of landline and broadband market'
Indore: Public sector telecom major BSNL enjoys number one market position with 1.8 crore landline and broadband connections which amounts to 65 percent market share, a company official said Friday.
"At present a total of 2.8 core landline and broadband users exist in the country and among them BSNL's share is 1.8 crore, which is 65 percent of the total market share," BSNL's Madhya Pradesh Circle Chief General Manager, N K Yadav told reporters.
During the current financial year, the company expects an increase of 25 percent in broadband connections across the country, he said.
He said that the government considers broadband connectivity as an important aspect for infrastructure development specially in transforming education, health, governance, trade and commerce areas.
In order to providing seamless connectivity to rising numbers of internet users, BSNL has decided to maximise use of optical fibre cables, he said.
Yadav also launched a new combo plan for Internet users in Bhopal and Indore circles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300