Chennai to host Indian Science Congress
Chennai: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will
inaugurate the 98th edition of Indian Science Congress, to be
held here for five days from January 3, 2011.
The Congress, hosted by the SRM University would be
attended by over 7,000 delegates from India and abroad,
including some Nobel Laureates, Indian Science Congress
Association President K C Pandey reporters here today.
The theme of the Congress would be `Quality Education and
Excellence in Scientific Research in Indian Universities`. The
theme was chosen as there was a need to create proper
facilities and environment for research in Indian Universities
to carry out innovative work at the cutting edge of Science
and Technology, he said.
"Besides the theme session, there will be 14 sessions
including on science and challenges in new power and renewable
energy, climate change and food security", he said.
SRM University Vice Chancellor P Sathyanarayanan said
that it has been proposed to conduct a space summit in
collaboration with ISRO, NASA, European Space Association and
Japanese Space Exploration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products