China's mobile connections hit record 1.03 billion
Beijing: China's mobile phone users hit a record high of 1.03 billion connections at the end of April this year.
During the first four months, mobile phone users saw a net increase of nearly 43.8 million, data of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) here said.
Meanwhile, users of terminals based on third-generation technologies increased 30.55 million during the period, reaching 159 million.
During the first four months, the country's telecom sector reported 339 billion yuan (USD 53.6 billion) in main business revenues, up 10.1 percent year-on-year, state news agency Xinhua reported.
Revenues from mobile telecommunication services accounted for 72.6 percent of the sector's total revenues during the period, up from 70.8 percent in the same period last year, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20