CII, centre join hands on cloud computing
Kolkata: The Confederation of Indian Industry's (CII) national IT committee has tied up with the central government for use of cloud computing among small and medium enterprises in the country.
"We have earmarked two areas to work with the government. One is enabling cloud computing in India and developing more applications revolving around that," said committee chairman Bhaskar Pramanik here.
Exuding confidence that the small and medium enterprises sector would be the major driver of the country's future growth, he said these companies were unable to use technology.
"So we are looking into how technology can be used to enhance their businesses."
Forty five percent of India's manufacturing output and 40 percent of exports come from the sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20