Cisco, Google sign patent agreement
San Francisco: Google Inc entered into a patent cross-licensing agreement with Cisco Systems Inc, the internet search giant`s second such deal in as many months.
Google`s shares were up one percent at USD 1,145 in premarket trading on Tuesday.
The "long-term" agreement is an effective way to help prevent unnecessary patent lawsuits, the companies said in a statement.
"We`re pleased to enter into this cross-license, and we welcome discussions with any company interested in a similar arrangement," said Allen Lo, Google`s deputy general counsel for patents.
Details of the agreement were not disclosed.
Google last month reached a global patent agreement with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd.
Most of the large technology companies, including Apple Inc, are involved in multiple patent litigations against each other, with the majority involving smartphone patents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20