Digitisation one of leading achievements in UPA report card
New Delhi: The UPA government listed ushering the process of digitisation of the cable sector as one of its leading achievements in its report card that was presented to the people on Wednesday.
The government said it had implemented digitisation in the Phase I cities of Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata along with 38 cities which come under the second phase.
It said that by choosing digital cable, the country would join the league of advanced countries which are already enjoying the benefits of digitisation. The government also tried to highlight that it had cleared the decks for expansion of FM radio with 839 new channels on the anvil.
The government also brought forth that it had encouraged the community radio movement by granting nearly 400 permissions.
The 'Report to the People' also mentioned that it was setting up a committee for facilitation and promotion of films as a single window clearing mechanism for projects of both domestic and foreign filmmakers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300