Facebook dominates over 50% social websites in SE Asia
The report released by Nielsen, a global information and measurement company, said that 91 percent of Indonesian digital consumers maintain an active profile on Facebook, the highest across the region.
Netizens in the Philippines follow with 81 percent, Malaysia 78 percent, Singapore 77 percent and Thailand 56 percent, Xinhua reported.
Viraj Juthani, director of telecom practice at Nielsen, told reporters that social networking sites are becoming increasingly popular as a means of engaging with consumers.
"Social media platforms offer myriad opportunities for organisations to engage with consumers, and social media is becoming an increasingly critical means of influencing consumer decision making," said Juthani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300