Facebook to penalize pages asking for likes, shares
Washington: Facebook is reportedly planning to punish pages that bait users into liking and sharing content, the company has said.
The move is seen as an attempt by the social network to clean up users' News Feed.
According to Tech Crunch, while there are more and more Pages and friends competing for the finite amount of time people spend reading the feed, increasing competition plus limited attention equals decreasing reach.
Meanwhile, the social network said that the vast majority of publishers on Facebook are not posting feed spam so they should not be negatively impacted by these changes, and, if anything, may see a very small increase in News Feed distribution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300