Foxconn accused of forcing interns into building Sony PS4
London: Apple iPhone's main manufacturing plant in China, Foxconn has been reportedly accused of forcing students interning at the company into building Sony's latest Playstation 4 console.
Foxconn has been alleged to have made thousands of students from an IT engineering program in Taiwan work on the production line.
It has been further alleged that those students who refused to participate were threatened with deduction of six course credits, which would effectively mean that the students would not graduate.
The contract electronic maker has admitted that students had worked overtime and night shifts and that 'immediate action' on the issue, Daily Express reports.
The company further said that immediate actions have been taken to bring the campus into full compliance with their code and policies.
Meanwhile, Sony said that Foxconn had complied with their Code of Conduct which relates to labour conditions and work ethics, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300