GoM on BSNL, MTNL revival to meet on Jul 30
New Delhi: The Group of Ministers on revival for MTNL and BSNL, headed by Finance Minister P Chidambaram, is scheduled to have its second meeting on July 30.
"GoM meeting is scheduled for July 30 at North Block," a government official said.
The GoM last met on June 12 when it had initial discussion on rejuvenating two loss making state-run telecom firms.
MTNL reported widening of the net loss to Rs 5,321.12 crore for financial year 2012-13, compared to Rs 4,109.78 crore in FY'12. BSNL losses, as per unaudited results, stand at Rs 8,198 crore for 2012-13, compared Rs 8,851 crore posted in 2011-12.
There are a series of measures that the Department of Telecom has presented before GoM in the last meeting, including financial support for both public sector unit, especially spectrum related which amount to around Rs 22,964 crore, preference to them for providing services to government departments, entry of these PSU's in broadcast segment among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300