Google revamps mobile newsreader app Google Currents
Washington: Internet search giant Google has updated its social news reading app to make it easier to find breaking news and browse content from multiple sources.
On its Android blog, Google outlined some of the biggest changes to Google Currents.
Structurally, Google Currents now organizes editions (Google''s term for publications) into category groups, Mashable reports.
According to the report, Google has also made it easier to swipe through various editions.
Vertical swipes show the headlines and an image of the story and you can easily see what you want to read, the report said.
The biggest change to the app, however, is that users can now browse through breaking news in various categories.
The report pointed out that the nice part about the breaking news aspect is that it delivers sources that you might not already subscribe to.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300