Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
Five things you want to know about Google Translate as it turns 10.
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Google Translate - a free service that instantly translates words, phrases and web pages between English and over 100 other languages -- turned 10 on Friday.
Here are five interesting things about the Google Translate
1. Google Translate currently supports nine of India`s 22 official languages. Voice search in Hindi and seven other Indian languages were launched in June 2014.
2. Visual translation from English to Hindi was added in July 2015. Sindhi was added to the mix earlier this year. Google made it possible to do a bilingual conversation on Translate.
3. The most common translations are between English and Spanish, Arabic, Russian, Portuguese and Indonesian.
4. The company is translating more than 100 billion words a day. In addition to common phrases like "I love you," people are looking for translations related to current events and trends.
5. The Word Lens -- a feature that can instantly translates words into 28 languages -- is letting people read menus, street signs and more.
With IANS Inputs