Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: When a phone gets stolen or lost, the loss of data or data theft is what bothers you more than the price of phone.
While you can remotely log out of emails or Facebook that is syncronised on your phone, it is not possible to deactivate WhatsApp from another device remotely.
Know how to deactivate WhatsApp if your mobile is stolen or lost.
- Immediately call up your telecom provider to lock or block your SIM.
- Next, when you get a new SIM on the same number and name, you can again download the Whatsapp and start afresh without bothering much. Remember, WhatsApp can be activated with one phone number on one device at a time.
- However, if you don't want to use your WhatsApp with the previous number, you can follow these steps.
- Email WhatsApp about the loss of your phone and write: "Lost/Stolen: Please deactivate my account".
- Give your phone number your phone number.
- But note that your account will not be completely deleted.
- Your deactivated account will still be on your contacts' list .
- They can send you messages, which will remain in a pending state for up to 30 days.
- But you will be able to recieve messages if you reactivate your account before it is deleted.
- If a deactivated account is not re-activated within 30 days, it will be completely deleted.