How to stop pesky messages on your phone
New Delhi: Telecom regulator TRAI has moved decisively against pesky messages by limiting the number of SMSes sent per SIM card at concessional rates. Consumers can also directly get rid of pesky telemarketing SMSes.
Ways to do it:
You can call up at 1909 and register your number either in fully blocked or partially blocked category.
You can also send an SMS to 1909. To choose fully blocked category, write “START 0”. To opt for partially blocked category, write “START”.
Post selection, you will receive a registration number and within a few days the service will become operational.
Key points of TRAI Guidlines
For every SMS beyond the cap of 100 SMSes, a charge of minimum 50 paise will be applicable.
While the subscriber is free to send SMSes beyond this number, all such SMSes sent beyond 100 SMS per day per SIM shall be charged at a tariff of minimum 50 paise. Service providers have been asked to implement the changes within fifteen days.
Operators have also been asked to put in place a solution within three months, which will ensure that no commercial SMS are sent having same or similar characters from any source number.
However, registered telemarketers, transactional message sending entities and telephone numbers exempted by TRAI are excluded from this provision.
With PTI Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20