HP launches new printers; expands print services offering
Mumbai: Betting big on the managed print services (MPS) market in the country, technology giant HP said on Friday it will expand its ongoing programme to include partners to deploy solutions across SMBs and enterprises.
Globally, MPS is estimated to be a USD 30 billion opportunity as companies look at outsourcing printing management and needs to companies like HP and Canon and move to an opex model.
"Companies are looking at moving away from a capex to an opex model and having to do less with managing printing functions. MPS is also gaining traction in India, growing at over 20 percent in India," HP Director Printing Systems (Printing and Personal Systems Group) Nitin Hiranandani told reporters here.
The company already offers MPS in India in Delhi and Mumbai.
"We are now expanding the offering to other cities. We will also rope in partners to offer secure and centrally managed print environment with streamlined workflows for SMBs and enterprises," he said.
Hiranandani added that the company would focus on verticals like banking, financial services and insurance and IT/ITeS to drive growth in the MPS business.
The company has also launched three new printers priced between Rs 63,750, to over Rs 7 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20