HP seeking buyers for mobile patents: Report
New Delhi: Hewlett-Packard Co is seeking buyers for some of its mobile-computing patents, Bloomberg reported, citing people with direct knowledge of the matter.
The company has approached potential buyers about the portfolio of patents, which include those related to webOS - the smartphone and tablet-computer operating system that HP acquired through its 2010 buy of Palm Inc, people told the agency.
HP sold the webOS operating system to South Korea`s LG Electronics Inc earlier this year, but retained the patents and all the technology relating to the cloud service of webOS.
"We don`t comment on rumor and speculation," Michael Thacker, a spokesperson for Hewlett-Packard told Bloomberg.
HP could not immediately be reached for comment by Reuters outside of regular U.S. business hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300