IBM CEO Virginia Rometty paid $15.4 mln in her first year at firm
New York: The Chairman and CEO of IBM, Virginia Rometty earned 15.4 million dollars in her first year at the firm, an analysis of regulatory documents has revealed.
With an annual salary of 1.5 million dollars, Rometty, 55, made the bulk of her IBM income from long term stock awards valued much higher.
According to the New York Daily News, the handsome payout puts, Rometty among a growing list of tech world women, including Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg and Yahoo’s Marissa Mayer, who appear to be finally cracking tech’s glass ceiling.
Sandberg, Facebook COO, who has sparked heated debate over the workplace expectations that women face, took in 31 million dollars in 2011.
Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer, who ignited a backlash among women after banning her company’s employees from working at home, received a bonus of 1.12 million dollars less than a year after starting in her new role.
According to the paper, Rometty’s predecessor at IBM, Sam Palmisano, earned 24.2 million dollars in his final year at the company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300