Is Amazon eyeing iPhone market?
New Delhi: Is Amazon planning to take Apple head on by launching its own smartphone? Well, if the rumors are to be believed then Amazon, which is currently basking in the glory of Kindle Fire tablet’s success, is planning to come up its smartphone line to rival Apple’s iPhone.
According to analysts, Amazon is aiming to hit the smartphone market with a device in the budget category.
Reportedly, the tablet makers have tied up with a Chinese mobile-phone maker for the ‘ambitious’ project.
It is also seeking to complement the smartphone strategy by acquiring patents that cover wireless technology and would help it defend against allegations of infringement, reports said.
Amazon has been very successful in their recent launches. Kindle Fire, an e-book tablet, was a massive hit in the market. The report comes close on the heels of rumours that Amazon is also planning to come up with the second version of Kindle, Kindle Fire 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products