LG to invest Rs 350-400 cr in Indian plants this year
Currently, LG Electronics has manufacturing plants in Pune and Noida.
"We will be investing Rs 350 to 400 crore in our manufacturing plants at Pune and Noida this year. The investment would help ramp up the infrastructure and capacity of the two units, which would help in meeting the rising demand," LG Electronics India's Business Head (Home Appliances) Rajeev Jain told reporters here.
The Pune plant manufactures refrigerators, colour televisions, air conditioners and mobile phones, while the Noida plant produces all these goods with the exception of mobile phones.
Diversifying its product portfolio in the Indian market, LG is all set to launch a new refrigerator in
The refrigerator, which works on a linear compressor, promises to consume less energy and has a low-noise system.
"We will be launching the refrigerator before the end of July. Buying this model would help consumers save energy.
The price of this model will start at Rs 65,000 and can go up to Rs 1,65,000," Jain said.
Moreover, the refrigerator, which is already available in other markets, will come with a 10-year warranty. According to LG officials here, the company has over 100 patents for its linear compressor technology.
Meanwhile, LG is aiming to increase its turnover in the Indian home appliances segment to more than Rs 5,000 crore this year.
"We anticipate clocking an about 40 percent rise in annual turnover this year. The increase would be mainly on account of higher penetration levels of our products," Jain noted.
LG's home appliance business includes refrigerators, washing machines and microwave ovens, among others.
Meanwhile, officials with LG Electronics India said that they are expecting a turnover of Rs 19,000 crore this year, about 30 percent higher from 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300
- Tata Zica hatchback: You can can look forward to these 5 features
- Maruti Suzuki now offers anti-lock braking system, airbags in Celerio
- Telephone exchange case: CBI starts quizzing Dayanidhi Maran
- New restructuring package for state discoms a positive: Fitch
- Maintaining accommodative stance but also vigilant, says Raghuram Rajan