LinkedIn’s Q4 profits pushes shares up 10%
London: Business-oriented social network LinkedIn has beaten Wall Street expectations for its fourth-quarter financial results.
Profits for the fourth quarter were 40.2 million dollars, twice the amount expected by watchers of the company.
Shares of LinkedIn rose ten percent in extended trade on Thursday, the BBC reports.
According to the report, the rise came as increasing numbers of job seekers and recruiters signed up to get connected taking the numbers registered to over 200 million.
Turnover was also higher than expected, rising 81 percent to 304 million dollars from the same period a year ago.
The site's international markets performed strongly, more than doubling in the past year to bring sales of 114.6 million dollars, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300