Microsoft Messenger gives way to Skype
Microsoft’s online Messenger is about to throw in the towels on March 15 to give way for Skype Internet telephony service which the company purchased a year ago.
An email was circulated advising all its users to update the Messenger service to Skype using the same account.
"You'll be able to instant message and video chat...just like before, and also discover new ways of staying in touch with Skype on your mobile and tablet," Microsoft stated in a message.
The Redmond, Washington-based technology giant declared in November of its plan to retire the Messenger service in favour of merging its users with Skype.
Microsoft purchased Skype for USD 8.5 billion in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300