'Mobile connections with Rs 20 balance cannot be deactivated'
New Delhi: Telecom regulator TRAI on Friday said inactive mobile connections of pre-paid customers cannot be deactivated if they have a minimum balance of Rs 20 in their account and the time period for considering 'inactive' has been set at 90 days.
Announcing an amendment to a regulation for protecting consumers, Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) said: "There shall be no deactivation if the balance in pre-paid consumer account is Rs 20 or more."
"The mobile connections of prepaid consumers shall not be deactivated for any period of non-usage less than 90 days," TRAI said.
As per amended regulations, telecom operator will have to provide facility to pre-paid to reactivate numbers by paying reasonable amount.
"A consumer whose connection is deactivated shall be given a grace period of 15 days within which he can reactivate the same number," TRAI added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300