MTNL's Kuldeep Singh to be new TDSAT member
New Delhi: Government is learnt to have approved the name of Kuldeep Singh for the post of member TDSAT which has been lying vacant after retirement of PK Rastogi from the telecom tribunal in mid-February.
"Orders have been signed by competent authority for his appointment (Kuldeep Singh)," a senior government official told PTI.
The tribunal, which has a sanctioned strength of three members, including one Chairman and two members, has been without any head since November 2012 after its Chairman Justice S B Sinha retired.
The functioning of the Telecom Disputes Settlement and Appellate Tribunal (TDSAT) was haulted after lone member Rastogi hung his boots after serving three years.
Singh is expected to join TDSAT from April 1. He has more than 38 years experience in telecommunication and information technology sectors.
Singh has been on the board of MTNL for more than eight years and has also held the charge of Chairman cum Managing Director of the state-run telecom firm for two years.
The government is yet to finalise name of the TDSAT chairman and the other member of tribunal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300