No need to go back to debt markets for Google deal: Lenovo CFO
Beijing: Lenovo Group Ltd has no urgent need to go back to the debt markets to raise cash for its acquisition of Google Inc`s Motorola handset division, the Chinese company`s chief financial officer said on Thursday.
Wong Waiming also told a media briefing that the company had USD 3 billion cash on hand last year and the total capital outlay for the Motorola deal and Lenovo`s acquisition of IBM`s low-end server business, announced last week, was about USD 2.8 billion.
The Motorola acquisition is China`s largest-ever tech deal as Lenovo buys its way into a heavily competitive U.S. handset market dominated by Apple Inc .
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300