Nokia pulls unoptimized Here Maps from App Store for iOS7
Washington: Nokia has reportedly pulled the plug on its Here Maps app from the tech giant's App Store, citing the recent changes to iOS7 harming the user experience.
The Here Maps app was touted to be an alternative to Apple's initially unpopular iOS Maps app.
However, the Finnish mobile giant, now owned by Microsoft, said that they have made the decision to take off their mapping app as the recent changes to iOS7 were not compatible with the app, AllThingsD reports.
The company said that iPhone users can continue to use the mobile Web version of Here Maps that offers core location needs, such as search, routing, orientation, transit information, all completely free of charge.
A Nokia spokeswoman said that the app was simply not optimized for iOS 7 and that is why they decided to remove it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300