Outgoing Microsoft CEO spells out biggest regrets
Washington: Outgoing CEO of Microsoft, Steve Ballmer has said that hid biggest regret at the company was not being able to get in the phone business earlier.
Ballmer said that he regretted the period in the 2000s when the company was so focused on developing Windows that they weren’t able to redeploy talent to the new device called the phone.
According to Huffington Post, Ballmer’s list of regrets also includes Windows Vista and the CEO said that there are side effects of tying up a big team to do something that doesn’t prove out to be as valuable.
He said that the time they missed for entering the mobile phone market was the time they were working away on what became Vista adding that that time would have been better for Windows and for the success of the company in other form factors, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300