Persistent to set up new office in B'lore; hire 150 people
Mumbai: IT firm Persistent Systems today said it will set up a new facility in Bangalore and hire more than 150 people as part of its expansion plans.
"We are excited about opening our new office in Bangalore, as the city is India's IT capital and it is time for Persistent to be there," Persistent Systems Chairman and Managing Director Anand Deshpande said in a statement.
The facility will house more than 150 employees and support product development, client delivery and sales, it added.
The company plans to recruit locally, leveraging the Silicon Valley-like combination of talent and partnership opportunities, the statement said.
Established in 1990, Persistent specialises in software product and technology services. With a global team of more than 6,000 employees, Persistent has 300 customers spread across North America, Europe, and Asia.
It develops solutions in technology areas of cloud computing, mobility, analytics and collaboration for telecommunications, life sciences, consumer packaged goods, banking, financial services and healthcare verticals.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300