Sabeer Bhatia's company launches global SIM card
Mumbai: Jaxtr Inc, a company co-founded by Hotmail-fame Sabeer Bhatia, Thursday launched Jaxtr SIM, a global SIM card with an eye on increasing number of international travellers out of the country after rolling out the product in the US recently.
"There are around 12 million international passengers annually who come and go out of the country with 86 percent of them having a mobile phone. They, being price-sensitive, look for cost-effective solution during roaming. Our global SIM card is designed for such needs," Jaxtr Inc co-founder and Chief Executive Sabeer Bhatia told reporters here after the launch.
Priced at Rs 600, the card is 70 percent cheaper than other existing solutions, he said, adding that with the Jaxtr SIM, travellers to the Europe including Britain, US, and Canada can make inexpensive local and international calls by using a local number, while in other markets, they can avail of this facility at cheaper tariffs.
Jaxtr aims to sell around 1 million cards to Indian travellers over the next two years, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300