Samsung Electronics appoints new CEOs
Seoul: Samsung Electronics, South Korea's tech behemoth, Friday appointed new chief executive officers.
Samsung named President Yoon Boo-keun and President Shin Jong-kyun as new CEOs following the company's annual general shareholders' meeting, according to an e-mailed statement.
Yoon, who solidified the company's global leadership in TV business, will continue his role of overseeing the consumer electronics division as new CEO. The division includes TV and appliance products, reported Xinhua.
Shin will remain in charge of the mobile communications division as new CEO. Under his leadership, Samsung attained the global No.1 position in smartphones in 2011 and in overall mobile phones in 2012.
Vice Chairman Kwon Oh-hyun will retain his position as CEO and chairman of the board of directors, continuing to oversee Samsung's component business, which includes chips and display panels.
The new multi-CEO leadership structure will serve to clarify and enhance independent management of the set and component businesses, Samsung said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300