Samsung launches ultra notebook series in India
New Delhi: South Korean Samsung Electronics Thursday launched its Series 5 Ultra Notebooks, priced between Rs.48,990 and 54,390, in the Indian market.
The notebooks are powered by Intel Core i5 processors and available in 13- and 14-inch sizes.
"The launch of Samsung Ultrabooks will strengthen our NotePC (personal computer) offering in the consumer space and together with our enhanced NotePC lineup will help us to significantly consolidate our position in the Indian market," said Rajit Yadav, country head, Samsung Mobile and IT (information technology).
"With the launch of Samsung Ultrabooks, we are creating a new segment within the notebook space."
Currently, the company`s laptops are available in the range of Rs.14,990 and Rs.100,000.
Asked to compare the device with tablets, Yadav said the tablet eco-system was still building up and the two devices had different applications.
"Tablet is a consumption device basically used for downloading and multi-media stuff... besides we want to give users a choice," Yadav said, adding that tablets would not at all affect the laptop market at least for the next couple of years.
Yadav said almost 55 percent of the company`s India revenue came from the mobile and Information Technology segment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20