Samsung to build memory chip plant in China
Beijing: Samsung Electronics will build a memory chip plant in China`s northwestern city of Xi`an with an investment of $7 billion.
The plant will manufacture 100,000 memory chips per month after it goes into operation at the end of 2013, Xinhua reported.
Samsung officials said they chose Xi`an as the new plant site because the city has favourable infrastructure, excellent public service and abundant labour.
Zhao Zhengyong, governor of Shaanxi province, said the plant will boost economic development and create many jobs.
"More than 1,200 people will work in the new plant. In addition, 17,000 people will offer different kinds of services for the business," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300