Sibal's meeting with industry deferred till Sep 11
New Delhi: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal's open house discussion with leaders of telecom industry is believed to have been deferred for the second time and is now scheduled for September 11.
"Yes, it has been deferred to September 11. We have informed about this to industry players," a Department of Telecom official said.
The first meeting was earlier scheduled for August 13 but it was deferred to September 4 following the Minister's busy schedule during the ongoing Parliament session.
Though there was no fixed agenda in the communique sent to industry but official sources had earlier said that Sibal is likely to take up issues that need to be addressed for smooth functioning of the industry and reducing the instances of litigation.
The Telecom Minister had held an open house discussion with telecom industry players before finalising draft National Telecom Policy 2012.
In early August, the minister talked about interacting with the industry to sort out regulatory issues that they are facing, especially with respect to imposition of penalties.
The minister has talked on different occasions about sorting out legal disputes between the government and the industry through mutual discussion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300