Sistema to take $1 billion writedown on India: Sources
Moscow: Russian services conglomerate Sistema will take a writedown of nearly USD 1 billion related to the suspension of its Indian licences, sources close to Sistema said on Friday.
The writedown is a non-cash item that will be recognised in Sistema's fourth-quarter results, eroding earnings, one of the sources told Reuters. Sistema declined to comment.
Around half of the writedown is related to a licence revaluation and the rest to goodwill, the Vedomosti newspaper quoted a source as saying.
The Supreme Court of India in February ordered the cancellation of 122 telecoms licences held by eight operators, including Sistema and Norway's Telenor, over alleged irregularities in the way they were awarded in 2008.
Telenor said last month it would seek compensation from India, while Sistema asked India to settle the dispute within six months while saying it reserved the right to approach an international tribunal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products