Som Mittal stays as Nasscom president till 2014
New Delhi, June 25 (IANS) Som Mittal will continue as president of the National Association of Software and Service Companies (Nasscom) for two more years.
The executive council of Nasscom has unanimously agreed to extend his term till early 2014, the association said Monday.
It said Mittal is doing an "outstanding job" in leading Nasscom.
Mittal, an IIT-Kanpur alumuni, took over as the association president in January 2008.
Nasscom, founded in 1988, represents India's $100 billion IT industry. It has 1,200 firms as members.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20