Sony to charge monthly fee for multiplayer games on PS4
Tokyo: Sony Corp plans to charge a monthly fee of USD 9.99 in the United States and 6.99 euros in Europe for playing multiplayer online games on its PlayStation 4 (PS4) console scheduled to debut this month, the Nikkei business daily reported without citing sources.
Multiplayer games can be played for free on PlayStation 3.
Sony plans to charge 500 yen a month for multiplayer games in Japan when the new console debuts in February, the Nikkei said.
The USD 9.99 monthly option was announced by the company in June this year, a spokeswoman for Sony Computer Entertainment America told Reuters.
In addition to the monthly option, the company will continue to offer its online multiplayer games service at an annual membership fee of USD 49.99 or less than USD 5 a month, the spokeswoman said.
Sony plans to make PS4 more attractive by including more social networking functions, such as the ability to chat with fellow players, the Nikkei reported.
Microsoft Corp`s Xbox One will also launch this month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300