Spam floods Chinese mobile phones
Beijing: An estimated 100 billion spam messages harassed China`s one billion mobile phone users in the past year, a study said.
Of them, more than 10 billion were intercepted by a security software for around 70 million users, the China Daily reported.
On an average, cell phone users receive 11 unwanted messages each week, according to a survey by the Internet Society of China.
Fraudulent messages top the list. Around 65 percent of mobile phone users last year received false messages saying they had won a prize, 47 percent received messages about fake bills and 46 percent received messages pretending to be from their bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products