Twitter launches alert notifications for emergency situations
London: Twitter has reportedly launched an alert system to highlight critical information in emergency situations.
About 57 services including Police forces, London Fire Brigade, the Foreign Office and the Environment Agency have signed up for the Twitter Alerts that has been rolled out across the UK and Ireland.
According to the Mirror, these services, who have signed up for the alert system, would be able to mark certain tweets as alerts by putting an orange bell next to them to stand out to followers.
The alert system has been designed to deliver information quickly and effectively in times of natural disasters or other emergencies.
The report said that once users they sign up to receive Twitter alerts from one of these services, they will get a text message notification whenever the group sends a tweet marked as an alert.
Users can subscribe to the alert system from their chosen account's alert setup page at twitter.com/[username]/ alerts.
The Twitter Alerts as push notifications is compatible with Twitter for iPhone version 5.10 or higher, and Twitter for Android 4.1.6 or higher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20