US debt deal to have positive impact on Indian IT cos: Wipro
"I cannot comment on the short term, but in medium to long term it will have a positive impact on the Indian IT companies. The US-based companies or organisations will have more cost management in mind," Wipro executive director and CFO Suresh C Senapaty said here on the sidelines of a CII organised seminar.
The plan passed in the US has raised the debt ceiling by USD 2.1 trillion and cut government spending by USD 2.4 trillion over a decade.
Senapaty hopes that the situation would force companies to call for greater efficiency with higher investment in technology which would help the domestic IT industry.
He further stated that he does not expect squeezing of margins for the Indian IT industry.
"Margin for us is not really a percentage of sales, it is what we make per person. On that basis Indian companies are not ahead of global companies. Global companies still have per person margin higher than that of Indian companies," he said.
"There has been restructuring in January which is touching our sales personnel a lot. Because of this reorientation we are not able to catch up on growth in the short term, but as we go forward in a quarter or two we should be able to catch up," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products