US Judge dismisses Apple’s lawsuit against Google-owned Motorola
Washington: A judge in the US has reportedly dismissed a lawsuit by Apple against Google-owned Motorola Mobility, over alleged patent abuse.
The tech giants were set to square off in a Wisconsin federal court over the library of patents Google Inc acquired along with Motorola for 12.5 billion dollars in May.
Apple Inc claimed Motorola's licensing practices were unfair.
However, late last week District Judge Barbara Crabb questioned whether she had the legal authority to hear Apple''s claims, and on Monday she dismissed the case, Fox News reports.
Both Apple and Microsoft have accused Google of demanding too high a royalty for some of its so-called standard essential patents.
Meanwhile, a Google spokeswoman said the company was pleased with the order.
In a legal brief filed after Crabb''s ruling, Apple contended that the judge does indeed have the authority to hear its claims, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products