WhatsApp's final value was $1.5 billion before buyout
Washington: WhatsApp was reportedly valued at 1.5 billion dollars in the final round in July 2013, resulting in its acquisition by Facebook.
With Sequoia being the sole investor, the company apparently had three rounds of financing.
According to documents unearthed by VC Experts,WhatsApp went from a 250k dollars seed round in 2009 to an 8 million dollars round at an 80 million dollars valuation in 2011, Tech Crunch reported.
The final round that was deemed as Series C, but was technically a Series B was a 52 million dollar round back in July 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300