Yahoo axes ‘unsuccessful’ BlackBerry app
London: Yahoo has axed a number of unsuccessful products, including its mobile app for BlackBerry smartphones.
The product shutdowns that was announced on Yahoo’s website, are part of what the company said are regular efforts to evaluate and review its product line-up.
According to the Telegraph, Yahoo said its app for BlackBerry smartphones would no longer be available for download, or supported by Yahoo, as of April 1.
Yahoo also said that it would stop supporting Yahoo Avatars, the cartoon-like digital characters that consumers create to depict them on Web services such as Yahoo instant messenger and Facebook.
Consumers who want to continue using their avatar on Yahoo's online services must download the avatar and then re-upload the information to their personalised Yahoo profile, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300